Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Clear a$ FIJI: Make. That. Money$$

I'm laptopping in Fiji, buzzed on my second glass of white wine awaiting my taxi driver.  It's not as cheap as the Phillipines here so I have to be careful, but the weather is certainly perfect and much much cooler than summer in Japan.  It's actually winter here, its still warm and lovely.  Just not humid like Toikyo.  I made a spur of the moment purchase for a RT ticket to Sydney that cost $600.  The flight even had a 12 hour long stopover in Fiji!  I had never been here so I definitely was thinking really hard of some good reasons why I SHOULDN'T GO.  The purpose of the trip was work.  I am saving for a used laptop.  Last year, in LA my shit was all stolen out of the car.  I left it in an unlocked car while I dropped my friend off at the theatre he worked on and I popped in and out of the car parked in front of the theater all night.  It was still lifted.  But nice and quietly, no broken glass.  Just a clean lift.  You're welcome.  He left a sweaty t shirt in the backseat in lieu and it didn't actually dawn on me until hours later that the backpack that held my laptop was gone.  Definitely a stupid move on my part, so I stayed quiet for many months.  I was just going to have to do without my new machine.  Somehow.  Ten months later, I'm still trying to make the best out of the situation and trying to figureo out how I can get a digital production machine into my life again.  I'd just been approved of some new credit lines but if I wasn't making the $50-100 extra per month to pay off the cc card bills then charging something that I couldn't afford did not make logical sense.  Been there, done that.  Charge the future with no plan on how to pay your bills for it.  A lesson I think everyone who has a credit card quickly learns.

I am on a FB forum for sex workers that travel internationally.  I get notices when someone posts on my FB feed.  This woman had toured in Sydney and she wrote "I killed it.  I worked from 10am-10pm and I had to turn away all the drug users (mostly coke), and still did heaps great. Its your choice if you want to do it, but I choose not to." AND THAT SOLD ME.   DRUGS AND MONEY.  BOOM.  WHERE'S MY CREDIT CARD.  BITCH I'M SIGNING.  SYDNEY HERE I COME AGAIN.

It was Hulk like primal expression of being fed up with making minimum living wage working my ass off as a teacher in Tokyo, with no ability to even fathom buying a new computer, even with a credit card.  I've just been fed up with not having enough money.  Sex Work is about making changes and upward mobility happen.  Therefore this campaign is called OPERATION UPWARD MOBILITY DOWN UNDER.  I need a new used laptop.  I'm aiming for a mere $500 budget for a machine that do Final Cut and Photoshop.  I've been without these things for almost one year and almost convincing myself that I don't actually need a computer.  But, I do, I really really do.

I'm sick of the straight life I lead.  I'm sicking of not being able to be in control of my situation.  I'm sick of being in a place where men do not think I am attractive.  This is also a motivator.  Plus, I want to make money and do drugs.  And fuck.  I'm not even exaggerating.  I'm ready to let loose.  I've just passed something like a breaking point.  It was this need to really not let other agencies or stripclubs determine if I was going to be able to make this money, it was this strong desire to just fuck all those middle men and try to make this happen myself.  I have lost a lot of confidence in Japan since the Japanese male and I are not really on the same energetic wave length it seems.  I need to go to a place where I attract bees to honey again.  Be myself, the queen, the godddess again.  Get my grove back.  GET a laptop again finally. Take my art and music production out of hiatus.  I can do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment